The new firmware version of Eunhasu OS for sMS-1000SQ, sMS-200 and sMS-200ultra is coming up.
In this time, the upgrade does not change much in the Eunhasu UI, but it upgrades the Eunhasu Linux OS to a completely new one, and requires a very complicated upgrade process internally which needs 2 upgrades path to V.0.4.5.
The first upgrade to be V0.4.4 takes around 10 mins as the same as the previous upgrades, but the second upgrade to be V.0.4.5 takes 2~5 hours depending on the product and network circumstances.
To upgrade the firmware of Eunhasu, all USB devices connected to the product must be removed before upgrading, and all music playback programs must be stopped. During the upgrade, do not close the browser, do not refresh the browser (F5 key), do not disconnect the network connection , and do not turn off the product, all these behaviors may cause the upgrade stop and affect failure to the product operation.
Plus, please proceed the upgrade on Chrome browser of Windows OS PC. Because the upgrade page itself is refreshed on tablets, mobile devices or Mac once you touch the screen or mouse over the screen, this situaion seems causing the upgrarde is not going smoothly.
During these 2 upgrades process, the product reboots one or two times, and the progress bar that shows the upgrade status could remain unchanged for more than 5 hours, even though it may appear to stop progressing as if it is stopped in the middle. Also, during the upgrade, the browser may recognize that it is taking too long and could ask you if you want to stop it, in this case, please make it to continue with the upgrade.
For the sMS-200 and sMS-200ultra products, you can re-create the microSD card of V0.4.5 by referring to the link below without going through this upgrade process.
How to create microSD: http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image
The upgrade takes a lot of time, but after the upgrade, most music playback programs have been upgraded to the latest version and the stability has improved. Especially with the new custom Linux kernel, the sound improvement of the mid-low range is noticeably made.
Please contact SOtM at any time if you have any suggestions to the product. We will reward you with the best products throughout continuous upgrades.
Below are the upgrade information by the upgrade version.
Version : V0.4.4
– Date : 16-12-2018
– Change ROON Ready maximum Buffer duration value to 1.0sec
– Change ROON Ready maximum Resync delay value to 10.0sec
– Remove ‘Remove config cache’ button in Squeezelite configuration
– Add ‘Reset config’ button in Squeezelite configuration to reset all configuration value to default
– Add ROON Ready DSD x512 rate setting
– Change ROON Ready setting value range for more stable configuration
– Upgrade Some Eunhasu user interface
– Prepare Eunhasu OS update method
Version : V0.4.5
– Date : 18-12-2018
– Upgrade to the higher version Linux system
– Upgrade the kernel to custom version 4.18.19-210
Improve sound quality by upgrading Linux system and custom kernel
– Support native DSD playback for most XMOS devices
– Upgrade alsa-lib to 1.1.6-2
– Upgrade ffmpeg to 4.0.2
– Add support code for kernel version 4.18.1 or higher
– Upgrade ROON Ready to 1.1.32
– Upgrade Squeezelite to 22.214.171.1243
– Upgrade Logitech Media Server to 7.9.1
– Upgrade MPD to 0.20.21
– Upgrade UPMPDCLI to 1.3.3
– Upgrade HQPlayer NAA to 3.5.5 for sMS-1000SQ
– Upgrade HQPlayer NAA to 3.5.4 for sMS-200, sMS-200ultra
– Upgrade shairport to 3.2.1
– Upgrade LibreSpot to 1.0.4
– Upgrade BubbleUPnP Server to 0.9.update30
– Upgrade CD ripper to 2.9.2-1
– Change some of Eunhasu user interface
Note: Please do not use a tablet or mobile devices for the upgrade process. Because the web browser of a tablet or a mobile device could be refreshed once only touching the screen, and it could effect the upgrade not going smoothly.